The Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) is organised in the form of a GmbH (equals “Ltd.”). Shareholders are the Federal Republic of Germany (90 percent) and the federal states Lower-Saxony (nine percent) and Saarland (one percent).
Representatives from the shareholders are members of the supervisory board – together with experts from universities, clinics, economy, other research institutes and from the HZI itself. The highest governing body of the HZI meets twice a year, it takes the major policy decisions and appoints the two directors. The scientific committee advices the supervisory board. The middle management of the centre is composed of the heads of academic departments, administrative units and staff units.
Scientific Advisory Commitee
The Scientific Advisory Committee consists of members of the Supervisory Board and external scientific experts. It advises the Supervisory Board with regard to the Research&Development programme as well as general research strategy of the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research.
Members of the Scientific Advisory Committee
- Prof Dr Wolf-Dietrich Hardt, ETH Zurich (Chairman)
- Prof Dr Caroline Kisker, Julius-Maximilian University of Würzburg (Vice-Chairman)
- Prof Dr Marylyn Martina Addo, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf
- Prof Dr Ingo Autenrieth, Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
- Prof Dr Axel Brakhage, Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology
- Dr. Harald Dinter, Bayer Pharma AG
- Prof Dr Irmgard Förster, University of Bonn
- Prof. Dr. Percy A. Knolle, Technische Universität München
- Prof Dr Melanie Ott, University of California
- Prof Dr Norbert Suttorp, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin
- Prof Dr Evelina Tacconelli, Universitätsklinikum Tübingen
- Prof Dr Angelika Vollmar, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München