Locations of the Helmholtz Centre
Resistance to antibiotics has become one of the major global challenges regarding infectious diseases. This is specifically the issue that is being tackled by the new Helmholtz-Institute for Pharmaceutical Research Saarland (HIPS). The institute has been founded in August 2009 on the Saarbrücken campus jointly by the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) in Braunschweig and Saarland University, with the goal to contribute to the developing new pharmaceuticals and therapies against infectious diseases.
The scientists at HIPS search for novel drugs and improve their application to humans. Furthermore they explore the delivery path of the drug to its target. Hence, HZI systematically extends translation research and thus contributes considerably to the health sciences. By this approach, new insights reach the patients faster.
How to find us in Saarbrücken
The HIPS building is located at the east entrance on the main campus of Saarland University, which is situated outside the city centre of Saarbrücken, the state capital of Saarland. Saarland is located in the south-west of Germany, having common frontiers with Luxembourg and France.
Helmholtz-Institut für Pharmazeutische Forschung Saarland (HIPS)
- from the north (Cologne/Trier) via the motorway A1/A8 to „Autobahnkreuz Neunkirchen“, take A6 to „Saarbrücken“
- from the east (Kaiserslautern/Mannheim) via A6 to "Saarbrücken/Paris"
- from the north-west from Luxembourg via A620 by-pass the city centre and follow A6 to „Mannheim“
- from the west (Metz/Paris) and south-west (Strasbourg) via the A4/A320 (E50) follow A6 (E50) to „Mannheim“
- to reach the campus from motorway A6: take exit no. 5 „St. Ingbert West/Universität“, follow „Universität Ost“, (ca. 6 km)
(ICE/TGV and Intercity - Saarbrücken Central Station) you can reach the campus by local busses from the main train station (112, 124) and the city centre (101, 102, 109, 111) within 15 min
- HIPS at UdS Campus (pdf, 137 kB)