Locations of the Helmholtz Centre
The Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research is located throughout Germany. In addition to the main campus in Braunschweig, there are facilities in 4 other cities: Hamburg, Hanover, Saarbrücken and Würzburg.
Dear HIPS colleagues,
The HIPS management together with the crisis team and in accordance with the regulations effective for Saarland University as of March 17, 2020, 8:00 AM, decided as follows:
To counteract the further spread of the coronavirus, all scientific operations at HIPS will be temporarily suspended beginning on Tuesday, March 17, 12:00 AM. The institute will be in emergency operation from this point on and is expected to remain closed until April 24, 2020.
- No research work is possible in the institute building for the duration of the emergency operations.
- Access to the institute building is only permitted to previously defined emergency personnel. All other employees are no longer allowed to enter the building.
- The emergency functions of the institute’s operations will from now on be ensured by the emergency personnel.
- For the duration of the emergency operations, all employees are obliged to notify the crisis team in case they fall ill or test positive for the CoV19 coronavirus.
- The cancellation of the emergency operations will be communicated to all HIPS employees via the hotline and by email.
Resistance to antibiotics has become one of the major global challenges regarding infectious diseases. This is specifically the issue that is being tackled by the new Helmholtz-Institute for Pharmaceutical Research Saarland (HIPS). The institute has been founded in August 2009 on the Saarbrücken campus jointly by the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) in Braunschweig and Saarland University, with the goal to contribute to the developing new pharmaceuticals and therapies against infectious diseases.
The scientists at HIPS search for novel drugs and improve their application to humans. Furthermore they explore the delivery path of the drug to its target. Hence, HZI systematically extends translation research and thus contributes considerably to the health sciences. By this approach, new insights reach the patients faster.
The HIPS invites internationally renowned scientists, that pursue research in natural product discovery, drug design and drug delivery, with a dedicated focus on infection research. The HIPS Talks bring together scientists from different disciplines from faculties and public research institutes on the campus of Saarland University. For the programme see the section HZI-Events.
The HIPS Symposium gathers renowned scientists and young investigators from three pharmaceutical communities: natural products, medicinal chemistry and drug delivery. It offers a forum for senior scientists to exchange ideas beyond the borders of classical disciplines. At the same time junior scientists have an opportunity to get valuable feedback on their projects from experts. The symposium is organized annually in summer.
Workshops and International Conferences foster new ideas, contacts and. Please find below some scientific meetings, which are organized by the HIPS.
There are no results