Histology is the science of tissues and pathology. In a sense, it is also the science of diseases and their pathogenesis. The major concern of histologists working in our service unit is helping other HZI researchers make this connection and work out the details of the relationship between histological changes at the tissue level and the infectious diseases they are studying.
- Schuster, M., et al., c-REL and IkappaBNS Govern Common and Independent Steps of Regulatory T Cell Development from Novel CD122-Expressing Pre-Precursors. J Immunol, 2017.
- Mazzuca, P., et al., Role of autophagy in the HIV-1 matrix protein p17-driven lymphangiogenesis. J Virol, 2017.
- Kocijancic, D., et al., Local application of bacteria improves safety of Salmonella-mediated tumor therapy and retains advantages of systemic infection. Oncotarget, 2017.
- Suwandi, A., et al., CD4 T Cell Dependent Colitis Exacerbation Following Re-Exposure of Mycobacterium avium ssp. paratuberculosis. Front Cell Infect Microbiol, 2017. 7: p. 75.
- Blazejewski, A.J., et al., Microbiota Normalization Reveals that Canonical Caspase-1 Activation Exacerbates Chemically Induced Intestinal Inflammation. Cell Rep, 2017. 19(11): p. 2319-2330.
- Pezoldt, J., et al., CCR7 deficiency modulates T cell response and increases susceptibility to Yersinia pseudotuberculosis infection. J Infect Dis, 2017.
- Plaza-Sirvent, C., et al., c-FLIP Expression in Foxp3-Expressing Cells Is Essential for Survival of Regulatory T Cells and Prevention of Autoimmunity. Cell Rep, 2017. 18(1): p. 12-22.
- Pils, M.C., et al., Mortality Due to Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome Virus in Immunocompromised Gottingen Minipigs (Sus scrofa domestica). Comp Med, 2016. 66(5): p. 392-398.
- Deicke, C., et al., Local activation of coagulation factor XIII reduces systemic complications and improves the survival of mice after Streptococcus pyogenes M1 skin infection. Int J Med Microbiol, 2016. 306(7): p. 572-579.
- Kocijancic, D., et al., Therapy of solid tumors using probiotic Symbioflor-2 - restraints and potential. Oncotarget, 2016.
- Loof, T. G., Goldmann, O., Naudin, C., Morgelin, M., Neumann, Y., Pils, M. C., Foster, S. J., Medina, E. and Herwald, H., Staphylococcus aureus-induced clotting of plasma is an immune evasion mechanism for persistence within the fibrin network. Microbiology 2015. 161: 621-627.
- Pawar, V., Komor, U., Kasnitz, N., Bielecki, P., Pils, M. C., Gocht, B., Moter, A., Rohde, M., Weiss, S. and Haussler, S., In Vivo Efficacy of Antimicrobials against Biofilm-Producing Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 2015. 59: 4974-4981.
- Perner, F., Schnoder, T. M., Ranjan, S., Wolleschak, D., Ebert, C., Pils, M. C., Frey, S., Polanetzki, A., Fahldieck, C., Schonborn, U., Schraven, B., Isermann, B., Fischer, T. and Heidel, F. H., Specificity of JAK-kinase inhibition determines impact on human and murine T-cell function. Leukemia 2015.
- Marschall, A. L., Single, F. N., Schlarmann, K., Bosio, A., Strebe, N., van den Heuvel, J., Frenzel, A. and Dubel, S., Functional knock down of VCAM1 in mice mediated by endoplasmatic reticulum retained intrabodies. MAbs 2014. 6: 1394-1401.
- Suwandi A, Bargen I, Roy B, et al. Experimental colitis is exacerbated by concomitant infection with Mycobacterium avium ssp. paratuberculosis. Inflammatory bowel diseases. 2014;20:1962-1971
- Loof T, Goldmann O, Naudin C, et al. Staphylococcus aureus induced clotting of plasma is an immune evasion mechanism to persist within the fibrin network. Microbiology. 2014
- Grundstrom J, Saarne T, Kemi C, et al. Development of a Mouse Model for Chronic Cat Allergen-Induced Asthma. International archives of allergy and immunology. 2014;165:195-205
- Wolleschak D, Mack TS, Perner F, et al. Clinically relevant doses of FLT3-kinase inhibitors quizartinib and midostaurin do not impair T-cell reactivity and function. Haematologica. 2014;99:e90-93
- Ewald F, Annemann M, Pils MC, et al. Constitutive expression of murine c-FLIPR causes autoimmunity in aged mice. Cell death & disease. 2014;5:e1168
- Schweer J, Kulkarni D, Kochut A, et al. The cytotoxic necrotizing factor of Yersinia pseudotuberculosis (CNFY) enhances inflammation and Yop delivery during infection by activation of Rho GTPases. PLoS pathogens. 2013;9:e1003746
- Cebula M, Ochel A, Hillebrand U, et al. An inducible transgenic mouse model for immune mediated hepatitis showing clearance of antigen expressing hepatocytes by CD8+ T cells. PloS one. 2013;8:e68720
- Avalos AM, Kirak O, Oelkers JM, et al. Cell-specific TLR9 trafficking in primary APCs of transgenic TLR9-GFP mice. Journal of immunology. 2013;190:695-702
- Wos-Oxley M, Bleich A, Oxley AP, et al. Comparative evaluation of establishing a human gut microbial community within rodent models. Gut microbes. 2012;3:234-249
- Pils MC, Bleich A, Prinz I, et al. Commensal gut flora reduces susceptibility to experimentally induced colitis via T-cell-derived interleukin-10. Inflammatory bowel diseases. 2011;17:2038-2046
- Chaudhry A, Samstein RM, Treuting P, et al. Interleukin-10 signaling in regulatory T cells is required for suppression of Th17 cell-mediated inflammation. Immunity. 2011;34:566-578
- Pils MC, Pisano F, Fasnacht N, et al. Monocytes/macrophages and/or neutrophils are the target of IL-10 in the LPS endotoxemia model. European journal of immunology. 2010;40:443-448
- Fuchs B, Knothe S, Rochlitzer S, et al. A Toll-like receptor 2/6 agonist reduces allergic airway inflammation in chronic respiratory sensitisation to Timothy grass pollen antigens. International archives of allergy and immunology. 2010;152:131-139
- Stehr M, Greweling MC, Tischer S, et al. Charles River altered Schaedler flora (CRASF) remained stable for four years in a mouse colony housed in individually ventilated cages. Laboratory animals. 2009;43:362-370
- Madan R, Demircik F, Surianarayanan S, et al. Nonredundant roles for B cell-derived IL-10 in immune counter-regulation. Journal of immunology. 2009;183:2312-2320
- Fasnacht N, Greweling MC, Bollati-Fogolin M, et al. T-cell-specific deletion of gp130 renders the highly susceptible IL-10-deficient mouse resistant to intestinal nematode infection. European journal of immunology. 2009;39:2173-2183