Microbial Natural Products
This group is located at the Helmholtz Institute for Pharmaceutical Research Saarland (HIPS)
Even today efficient drugs against many diseases are missing but finding new active substances is very complex. Support comes out of the ground. Myxobacteria are soil-living microorganisms that produce many active agents. Here you learn more about the search for new compounds with biological activity.
- Helmholtz Drug Research Initiative: DRUG RESEARCH
- TI Natural Compound Library: TI NCL
- Innovative microbial resources for new anti-infectives
- Preclinical development of aminochelocardins
- DrugBioTune - Process and target directed exploitation of catalytic and regulatory plasticity of drug biosynthetic pathways: INFECTCONTROL2020
- Exploiting the potential of natural compounds: myxobacteria as source for leads, tools and therapeutics in cancer research, Project: (Bio)Synthese of chondramides and related cyclodepsipeptide
- Heterologous expression of antibiotic gene cluster
- Identification and characterization of natural products with activities against tuberculosis
- Developing Leads to Shorten Duration of TB Chemotherapy: SHORTEN TB
Bachelor & Master
Are you interested in a bachelor or master thesis? We are looking forward to your request!