Cellular Proteome Research
This platform provides proteome-scaled research in collaborative projects. We combine expertise in biochemistry, mass spectrometry (MS) and biostatistics matching the demands in translational research and systems level approaches. Our research and development focuses on the characterization of proteins that are the functional players in infections and our prime targets in drug research. The platform contributes to the discovery of targets in pathogen-host interactions and immunology that coordinate the course of infections.
- De novo protein analytics (ETD/MSn)
- Label- and label-free proteome analytics
- Molecular phenotyping of tissues and cells
- Donor- & patient-specific profilings
- Interactome studies (IP-MS)
- Post-translational modification analyses (phosphorylation, ubiquitination, glycosylation)
- Drug target identifications
- In situ & spatial proteomics by laser dissection microscopy (new)
The platform utilizes modern MS workflows including Orbitrap (Velos Pro & ETD-Fusion), SILAC-, iTRAQ- and TMT labeling technologies and various in house software packages and databases (e.g. ProteomDiscoverer, MaxQuant, Peaks Studio).
Ion-mobility mass spectrometry (timsTOF pro) in combination with automated liquid handling (BRAVO, Evosep) constitute a dedicated workflow for clinical proteomics and epidemiology cohort studies. Evaluation of “big data” in clinical and translational projects is supported by the project of Prof. Frank Klawonn.
Furthermore, and in close cooperation with our imaging platform (coop. Prof. Theresia Stradal) a laser dissection microscopy system (Palm, Zeiss) was embedded allowing in situ proteomics and multi-omic studies (subcellular to tissue range). Proteome analyses can be started with a minimum of only 10.000 sorted cells.
- Dr. Manfred Nimtz (de novo & PTM protein analytics)
- Dr. Josef Wissing (proteomics & interactomics)
- Dr. Marco vanHam (in situ proteomics)
- Prof. Dr. Lothar Jänsch
Bachelor & Master
Are you interested in a bachelor or master thesis? We are looking forward to your request!