HZI magazine "InFact"
For many years, InFact has been the magazine of the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research and since 2017 it has been publicly available on the HZI homepage for everyone who is interested. In reports, interviews and portraits, we provide information about research projects, the research strategy and also about the people at the various HZI locations. Have fun reading the InFact!
- Cover Story: “There will be other, perhaps even more dangerous pandemics”
- Interview: Luka Cicin-Sain – "Getting a flu shot and the Corona booster: Does it make sense?"
- Portrait: Susanne Talay – A little “Outbreak” every day
- Location: Exploring humans, animals and the environment as one
- Cover Story: New viruses, new challenges
- Interview: Prof Dirk Heinz - "The great strengths of the HZI are its solidarity and team spirit"
- Portrait: Antoine-Emmanuel Saliba - Shining a spotlight on the cellular mechanism
- Cover Story: Germ Time – Safe protection against infections
- Location: 10 years of HIPS
- Interview: Ulrich Kalinke – “Big data is one of the big topics of the future, also for infection research“
- Portrait: Alice McHardy – “Every day I feel that I am doing something meaningful”
- Cover Story: THE SUPER STRIKER - How herpesviruses dribble out the immune system
- Location: Antibiotics of the future?
- Interview: Thomas Pietschmann - “Better safe than sorry - especially regarding infectious
- Interviwe: Markus Cornberg “My goal is to be able to make an individual treatment decision for each patient”
- Portrait: Anja Anfang - A service provider with passion
- Cover Story: Racing against pathogens
- Location: “Sample das Saarland” – microbial treasures from soil
- Interview: Dr. Stefanie Castell – "Keeping antibiotics effective in the future"
- Portrait: Chase Beidel - The gene tinkerer
- Cover story: Cleverly infected – The tricks of bacteria
- Locations: SORMAS: Rapid deployment in monkey pox outbreak in Nigeria
- Interview: Dieter Jahn on the partnership of the HZI and the TU Braunschweig
- Portrait: Stefan Schmelz prints his world the way he likes it
- Cover story: Vaccination with nanoparticles
- Interview: Silke Tannapfel on the return to her roots in Lower Saxony
- Locations: Initial results of an influenza study involving subjects from the HZI
- Portrait: Michael Kolbe visualises the tiniest structures
- Cover story: The zoo in our intestine
- Interview: Christopher Baum discusses the common future of HZI and MHH
- Portrait: Vet Marina Pils sheds light on the finest tissue structures
- Locations: The first research groups start their work at the HIRI in Würzburg
- Cover story: Research knows no borders
- Interview: Eva Medina talks about research on alternatives to antibiotics
- Locations: New research projects at the Braunschweig Integrated Centre of Systems Biology
- Portrait: Nano-researcher Gregor Fuhrmann wants to use tiny vesicles for transporters
PrintSend per emailShare