The Friends of the HZI donate yearly two PhD Awards in order to support young scientists. The awards honour excellent PhD theses from the field of life sciences at a partner university of the HZI.
The PhD Award is endowed with 1.000 Euros, each, and is presented during the Hans Herloff Inhoffen Lecture, which takes place once a year.
The next PhD Award will take place on May 17, 2018, from 3 – 5:30 pm.
Venue: Technical University Braunschweig (Aula, Haus der Wissenschaft)
This year’s award winners for PhD theses completed in 2017 will be identified in due course.
Please address appropriate suggestions (incl. CV, reference letter, copy of the PhD thesis with date and final grade as well as a publication list) to the Friends of the HZI (e-mail: email@example.com) until March 19, 2018, at the latest.
- 2017 Dr Tobias Bock, Dr Islam Ahmed Mohamed El-Awaad
- 2016 Dr Stephanie Pfänder, Dr Eric Kuhnert
- 2015 Dr Michaela Annemann, Dr Michael Storz
- 2014 Dr Stefanie Kristin Wöhl-Bruhn, Dr Christian A. Citron
- 2013 Dr Cornelia Chizzali, Dr Christian Mayer
- 2012 Dr Christina Ziegler, Dr Nick Quade
- 2011 Dr Julia Bitzegeio, Dr Leonor da Gama Cavalho Norton
- 2010 Dr Judith Becker, Dr Jan Hänisch
- 2009 Dr Jacek Puchalka
- 2008 Dr Thomas Wollert, Dr Pablo Becker
- 2007 Dr Roland Adden, Dr Raimo Franke
- 2006 Dr Silke Wenzel, Dr Annika Steffen
- 2005 Dr Oliver Goldmann, Dr Jibin Sun
- 2003 Dr Simone Bergmann, Dr Philipp Hartmann
- 2002 Dr Nicole Glaser, Dr Edelweiß Markworth, Dr Andreas Toman
- 2001 Dr Oliver Pabst, Dr Stefan Hüttelmaier
- 2000 Dr Armin Bauer, Dr Ursula Deiters