The Friends of the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) donate a PhD Award in order to support young scientists. The award honours excellent PhD theses from the field of life sciences that have been completed at a partner university of the HZI.
The PhD Award is endowed with 1.000 Euros and is presented during the Inhoffen Lecture, which takes place once a year.
The next PhD Award will take place on the occasion of the Inhoffen Lecture on July 18, 2017, in the Forum of the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research from 3 – 5:30 pm. This year’s award winners will be identified in due course.
Please address appropriate suggestions (incl. CV, reference letter, copy of the PhD thesis with date and final grade as well as a publication list) to the scientific director of the HZI, attention Mrs. Martina van Gerpen (Martina.vanGerpen@helmholtz-hzi.de) until May 15, 2017, at the latest.
Proposals can be made by all mentors who supervised a PhD in life sciences at the HZI or at a cooperating university.
- 2016 Dr Stephanie Pfänder, Dr Eric Kuhnert
- 2015 Dr Michaela Annemann, Dr Michael Storz
- 2014 Dr Stefanie Kristin Wöhl-Bruhn, Dr Christian A. Citron
- 2013 Dr Cornelia Chizzali, Dr Christian Mayer
- 2012 Dr Christina Ziegler, Dr Nick Quade
- 2011 Dr Julia Bitzegeio, Dr Leonor da Gama Cavalho Norton
- 2010 Dr Judith Becker, Dr Jan Hänisch
- 2009 Dr Jacek Puchalka
- 2008 Dr Thomas Wollert, Dr Pablo Becker
- 2007 Dr Roland Adden, Dr Raimo Franke
- 2006 Dr Silke Wenzel, Dr Annika Steffen
- 2005 Dr Oliver Goldmann, Dr Jibin Sun
- 2003 Dr Simone Bergmann, Dr Philipp Hartmann
- 2002 Dr Nicole Glaser, Dr Edelweiß Markworth, Dr Andreas Toman
- 2001 Dr Oliver Pabst, Dr Stefan Hüttelmaier
- 2000 Dr Armin Bauer, Dr Ursula Deiters