Jürgen Wehland Prize
Since 2011 the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) honours excellent young researchers in the field of infection biology with the Jürgen Wehland Prize. The prize is named after the former Scientific Director of the HZI, Professor Jürgen Wehland. The Jürgen Wehland Prize is awarded annually by the HZI and the Friends of the HZI and includes prize money of 5,000 Euros. The award ceremony takes place during the scientific symposium NoRDI, which is held in honour of Professor Jürgen Wehland.
The call is aimed at young scientists with a research focus on infection biology. Their doctorate must have been completed within the last five years; parental leave will be taken into account. The applicants should currently work in a German‐speaking country or have performed their research work there.
Both self-nominations and nominations by a supervisor or superior are possible.
Please submit applications in one PDF file via e-mail.
Applications should include:
- short description of the research work (1 page)
- CV of the candidate
- list of publications of the candidate
- brief assessment of the candidate´s research work by an established scientist (1 page)
- contact addresses of the candidate and the assessing scientist
- one to a maximum of three publications that emerged from the work
- 2016 Dr Luciana Berod, TWINCORE Hannover
- 2015 Dr Sabrina Schreiner, TU München und Helmholtz-Zentrum München
- 2014 Prof Andreas Müller, Otto-von-Guericke Universität Magdeburg
- 2013 Dr Andrea Ablasser, Bonn University
- 2012 Dr Stephanie Bertram, Deutsches Primatenzentrum
- 2011 Dr Eike Steinmann, TWINCORE Hannover