The Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) in Braunschweig and the Friends of the HZI honour an excellent young scientist with a junior investigator award. The award is named after the former Scientific Director of the HZI, Professor Jürgen Wehland.
The Jürgen Wehland Prize, endowed with 5,000 euros, was last awarded on December 1, 2020. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the award ceremony took place in virtual form. The 2020 winner is Dr Kilian Schober from the Technical University of Munich.
- 2020 Dr Kilian Schober, TU München
- 2018 Dr Katherine Beckham, EMBL European Molecular Biology Laboratory Hamburg
- 2016 Dr Luciana Berod, TWINCORE Hannover
- 2015 Dr Sabrina Schreiner, TU München und Helmholtz-Zentrum München
- 2014 Prof Andreas Müller, Otto-von-Guericke Universität Magdeburg
- 2013 Dr Andrea Ablasser, Bonn University
- 2012 Dr Stephanie Bertram, Deutsches Primatenzentrum
- 2011 Dr Eike Steinmann, TWINCORE Hannover