TWINCORE – Seminar
Predicting and altering viral evolution
Marco Vignuzzi, Ph.D.
The Vignuzzi lab tests concepts in evolution within the field of virology. They use cutting edge technologies and develop computational and experimental approaches to monitor, and potentially predict, virus evolution. They use what they learn, against viruses, in new vaccine and antiviral approaches.
Who is Marco Vignuzzi?
- Principal Investigator, Viral Populations and Pathogenesis Unit, Pasteur Institute, Paris, France
- B.Sc., 1995 Microbiology and Immunology, McGill University, Montreal, Canada
- Maîtrise/D.E.A. (Masters), 1996-97 Fundamental Virology, University of Paris – Denis Diderot, France
- Ph.D., 2001 Microbiology (Virology), University of Paris VII/Pasteur Institute(Lab of Sylvie van der Werf)
- Postdoctoral Fellow, 2002-07 University of California, San Francisco (Raul Andino Lab)
- H.D.R., 2010 University of Paris V – René Descartes
Twincore Seminar room 0.03