Careers in Translational Research and Industry: Towards Biologicals and Vaccines
HZI Alumni Symposium
A burning question for all younger scientists concerns their future in work and life. A multitude of options exist to give general advice for a successful career that complies with private and non-professional ambitions. At this symposium, several GBF/HZI Alumni will speak about their careers and their professional activities.
We have chosen individuals who took very different career decisions, moving between academia and industry, as employees, executive leaders and entrepreneurs. They will talk about their positions during their career steps and their experiences in Germany and abroad and be available to answer your questions. All speakers are working in science or are still heavily dealing with science around the creation of new medicines, especially biologicals and vaccines. Their professional areas are the most promising regarding anticipated development and jobs.
Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research, Braunschweig
Building and room
HZI Alumni together with HZI and Friends of the HZI
- 10:45 - 11:00 Registration
- 11:00 - 11:10 Welcome address Dirk Heinz, Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research
- 11.10 - 11:40 Christine Rückert, CureVac AG (Tübingen),
"mRNA Vaccines: Fighting Infectious Diseases and Tumours"
- 11:40 - 12:10 Antje Ksienzyk, IDT Biologika GmbH (Dessau-Roßlau),
"Contract manufacturing from development to commercial"
- 13:00 – 13:30 Harald Dinter, formerly: Bayer AG (Berlin)
"Variety of positions in big Pharma - a case study"
- 13:30 – 14:00 Ulf Bethke, Miltenyi Biotec GmbH (Teterow)
"Innovative Cancer Therapy – Challenges in the manufacture of
patient specific CAR T Cells"
- 14:00 – 14:30 Uwe Marx, TissUse GmbH (Berlin)
"Serial Biotech-Entrepreneurship – Excitement and Challenges in
creating commercial Value in Germany"
- Coffee Break
- 15:30 – 16:00 Roland Wagner, Rentschler Biopharma SE (Laupheim)
"Take the Red Pill: From Academics to Wonderland"
- 16:00 – 16:30 Manuel Carrondo, IBET / GenIBET (Lisbon/Portugal)
"My and IBET indebtedness to GBF-HZI, 30 years of partnership"
- 16:30 – Round Table Discussion