11. Twincore Symposium: Infection research meets Big Data
On the 29th, 2019, international Infection researchers meet at TWINCORE for the eleventh time.
This year's topic: "Infection research meets big data".
Translational infection research does not only deploy classical molecular and cellular methods to investigate patient samples and model systems, but also involves innovative “omics” technologies for the analysis of patient cohorts. Such studies reveal enormous amounts of data about the pathogen and the host that are impossible to be overseen by conventional means. Therefore, to retrieve new knowledge, big data processing approaches have to be implemented, including machine learning and artificial intelligence. At the 11th TWINCORE Symposium, international and local experts from the fields of infection research, bioinformatics, and data sciences will convene to discuss the current situation as well as future challenges and opportunities.
Guests are welcome. No registration required.
- Prof. Dr. Shirit Einav, Stanford University
- Prof. Dr. Florian Erhard, University of Würzburg
- Prof. Dr. Stacy Horner, Duke University
- Prof. Dr. Helle Krogh Johansen, University of Copenhagen