PhD Programme Epidemiology
The PhD programme is a collaborative effort of the Department of Epidemiology, the HZI Grad School and the HBRS (MHH). After successful completion, candidates will be awarded a PhD or, in some instances, a Dr. rer. nat.
Current admissions for the PhD Programme are only possible if funding is assured by the applicant (e.g. by a scholarship or a third party).
During the course of the programme, PhD fellows are being prepared to conduct independent epidemiological and public health relevant research. After successful completion, the fellows can enter career paths in academia, research and science, national health institutions, ministries, health insurances, international organizations or other non-governmental organizations.
The programme supports individual training and career plans according to background studies and interests.
Further objectives of the programme include:
- To gather experience in independent planning, management, implementation, and evaluation of epidemiological research projects
- To acquire comprehensive knowledge on epidemiological and statistical methods
- To scientifically contribute to narrow evidence gaps in epidemiological and health research
- To acquire the ability to present results and methods of epidemiological research at conferences and in peer-reviewed journals
- To support the understanding of Good Epidemiological Practice