Head (m/f/d) of the platform One Health Surveillance (OHS)
The new Helmholtz Institute Greifswald will be established as a cooperation site of the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI, www.helmholtz-hzi.de), headquartered in Braunschweig, Germany, and will closely cooperate scientifically with the University of Greifswald (www.uni-greifswald.de), the University Medical Center Greifswald (www.medizin.uni-greifswald.de) and the Friedrich-Loeffler-Institute (FLI, www.fli.de). The Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research GmbH (HZI) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the largest scientific organization in Germany. Scientists at the HZI develop strategies to better combat infectious diseases. Their goal are novel approaches to prevention, diagnosis and therapy of infectious diseases. At the Helmholtz Institute for One Health in Greifswald, which is currently being established, three scientific research departments are being set up under the leadership of the Institute's Director Prof. Dr. Fabian Leendertz. With a common focus on One Health, we are investigating the development and spread of zoonoses and antimicrobial resistances as well as their prevention. As scientific leader (all genders) of the Platform One Health Surveillance (OHS) you closely cooperate with the scientific director and the other scientific departments at the Helmholtz-Institute Greifswald.
- Establishment and coordination of the OHS
- Management of the OHS platform
- Participation in the development of the scientific concept
- Travels to Africa and other countries for trainings and coordination of the OHS
- Acquisition of third-party funding and project management
- Supervision of scientists and PhD / Master students within the framework of the OHS
- Close coordination with all departments of the HIOH and its external partners
- Preparation of publications
- Successfully completed studies in biology, human or veterinary medicine or related disciplines with a doctorate degree
- Experience in the coordination of larger international projects, e.g. with African countries
- Solid knowledge in diagnostics, especially PCR, NGS and data analysis
- At least basic knowledge in statistics
- Experience in training international scientists in laboratory techniques, statistics and data analysis
- Experience working in areas with minimal infrastructure and under basic conditions
- Publications and participation in third party funding applications
- Business fluent written and spoken English is required
- Good knowledge of French is obligatory
- You have at least basic German language skills
- You are motivated, reliable and interested to build up a new institute including a unique OHS.
- You have organizational talent, are a team player, flexible and open-minded towards different cultures
An exciting, varied job in a future-oriented research institute, with an international scientific environment and programs to develop professional knowledge and personal skills. In doing so, we focus on a close integration of research and management. The promotion of equal opportunities and competencies of our employees and the appreciation of diversity are a matter of course for us.
Severely disabled employees are given preference in cases of equal professional suitability. In order to safeguard your rights, we ask you to provide us with a clearly recognizable reference to the existence of a degree of severe disability in your cover letter or resume.
The HZI strives for professional equality between women and men. Therefore, women are especially encouraged to apply here.
The position is suitable for part-time employment.
Since the employment is limited in time according to § 14 para. 2 of the German Part-Time and Fixed-Term Employment Act, applicants who have already been or are currently employed by the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research GmbH (or its predecessor GBF) cannot be considered.
as soon as possible
Contract time limit
initially limited for two years
Applications accepted until 2021-10-31
Without these declarations we cannot consider or process your application and will immediately delete any application documents already received after the application deadline.
Please send your complete application, quoting the reference number 135/2021, to the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research GmbH, Human Resources Department, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany or by e-mail to JobsHZI@helmholtz-hzi.de. If you send your application in electronic form, please provide a summary in one single (1) pdf document.
For further information on this position, please contact Prof. Dr. Fabian Leendertz, E-Mail: email@example.com for technical questions and Carl-Friedrich Keding, Head of Administration of the Helmholtz Institute Greifswald, Tel. +49 3834 420 5510, E-Mail: Verwaltungsleitung.HIOH@helmholtz-hzi.de
The HZI International Graduate School for Infection Research (GS-FIRE) provides an innovative structured PhD programme within the field of Infection Research.