Biological Technical Assistant (BTA) in Computational Biology (f/m/d)
The Department of Computational Biology of Infection Research, led by Prof. Dr. Alice C. McHardy and the Department of Computational Biology for Individualised Medicine, led by Prof. Yang Li, at the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI), are looking for a Biological Technical Assistant (BTA) in Computational Biology (f/m/d) with good lab work experience.
- maintain laboratory routine tasks, such as controlling laboratory consumables, supporting PhD students and external partners
- perform experiments for measuring immunological parameters using e.g. ELISA and FACS
- establish protocols for isolating DNA or RNA from patient samples
- establish next generation sequencing protocols
- perform stimulation experiments and then collect RNA or DNA, which will later be out-sourced for transcriptome (single cell RAN-seq) or epigenetic measurements
We will provide opportunities to have the training for those techniques in our collaborators’ labs.
- Completed training as biological-technical assistant or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of, and practical experience with, molecular biology, genetics and biochemistry techniques
- Experience with standard laboratory assignments such as PBMC isolation, cell-culture and ELISA
- Motivation, discipline and flexibility
- Good knowledge of English
- Ability to work in an international team
- Computational Biology of Infection Research - Prof. Dr. Alice McHardy
- Computational Biology for Individualised Medicine- Prof. Dr. Yang Li
Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
The position is suitable for part-time employment.
as soon as possible
Contract time limit
initial contract for 1 year
E9a TVöD Bund
Applications accepted until 2020-12-15
We are looking forward to your complete application documents, which you please send until the 15.12.20202 stating the reference number 125/2020 in one single pdf document by email to JobsHZI@helmholtz-hzi.de or to Helmholtz-Center for Infection Research GmbH, HR-Department, Inhoffenstraße 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany.
Since recruitment is limited in time according to § 14 (2) of the German Part-Time and Fixed-Term Employment Act, applicants who have already been or are currently employed by the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research GmbH (or its predecessor GBF) cannot be considered.
For more details regarding the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Yang Li via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information about the CiiM can be found on our website: https://www.helmholtz-hzi.de/en/the-hzi/locations/centre-for-individualised-infection-medicine/about-ciim/
The HZI International Graduate School for Infection Research (GS-FIRE) provides an innovative structured PhD programme within the field of Infection Research.