Doctoral researcher (m/f/d) - Microbial Drugs
Microbial Drugs (MWIS)
The department Microbial Drugs, led by Prof. Dr. Marc Stadler at the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) in Braunschweig, Germany is offering a position as Doctoral Researcher (f/m/d) for the project entitled: Unravelling the diversity of anti-infective fungal natural products by metabolomics
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting up of a metabolomics platform to decipher the enormous biosynthetic potential of fungi. Representative strains of Hypoxylaceae fungi, whose genomes have recently been sequenced and contain large numbers of biosynthetic gene clusters, will be the starting point for metabolome studies. Ion mobility measurements will be integrated with molecular networking to assess the secondary metabolite production under particular cultivation conditions. For this purpose, mass spectrometry techniques will be applied on state-of-the-art instrumentation (Bruker timsTOF, MaXis, AB Sciex 7500, 6500 QTraps). Furthermore, it is planned to investigate how the secondary metabolome of these fungi is influenced by the presence of various stimulants and perturbants.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in bioinformatics, biotechnology, chemistry, or a related field within the life sciences
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of an international team
- Experience with mass spectrometry is desirable
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Knowledge of metabolomics is an advantage
Disabled persons are given preference in the case of equal professional qualification. The HZI aims for professional equality between all genders.
- Modern laboratories
- State-of-the-art analytical instrumentation
- Ample biological profiling platforms (in vitro and in vivo)
- A lively scientific community
- 30 days vacation
- An annual additional payment (Weihnachtsgeld) analogue to § 20 TVöD
- Social security included
- DO IT- PhD initiative https://www.helmholtz-hzi.de/de/karriere/do-it-doktorandeninitiative
- Welcome Office
- Buddy system
- Family Office
The successful candidate will be integrated in the HZI International Graduate School for Infection Research (GS-FIRE) which provides an innovative structured PhD programme within the field of Infection Research https://www.helmholtz-hzi.de/de/karriere/graduiertenschule/curriculum/.
- Microbial Drugs- Prof. Dr. Marc Stadler
Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
Special preference toward women
as soon as possible
Contract time limit
TVöD E13 65%
Applications accepted until 2021-09-23
Applicants are required to complete the online application form here:
https://hzi.opencampus.net/ (Please select Job No. 129/2021).
Further information about the institute and the research can be found on our website:
The HZI International Graduate School for Infection Research (GS-FIRE) provides an innovative structured PhD programme within the field of Infection Research.