The HZI International Graduate School for Infection Research (GS-FIRE) provides an innovative structured PhD programme within the field of Infection Research.
Implemented at the campus of the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research in Braunschweig together with its partner universities GS-FIRE has created an electrifying environment where young researchers are stimulated to exchange knowledge with their colleagues, peers and leading scientists from around the world. Besides intensive scientific training the young researchers have the possibility of improving their soft skills and advancing their interdisciplinary knowledge in preparation for the job market.
Dr. Sabine Kirchhoff
Management Graduate School
CV - brief overview:
- PhD thesis on the function of IRF-1, GBF, Braunschweig
- EMBO fellow at the WIS, Israel
- Posdoc position at the DKFZ
- Group leader " T cells" at the DKFZ
- Project leader in Biotec industry
- Coordinator of an EU-funded project for the training of early stage researchers, HZI
- Coordinator of the Helmholtz International Research School for Infection Biology, HZI
- In addition, coordinator of the Helmholtz International Graduate School for Infection Biology, HZI
- Schmitz, I., Weyd, H., Krüger, A., Baumann, S., Fas, SC., Krammer, PH., Kirchhoff, S. (2004).
J. Immunol, 172, 2194.
- Schmitz, I., Krüger, A., Baumann. S., Schulze-Bergkamen, H., Krammer, PH., Kirchhoff, S. (2003).
J. Immunol. 171, 2931.
- Lavrik, I., Krüger, A., Schmitz, I., Baumann, S., Weyd, H., Krammer. PH., Kirchhoff, S. (2003).
Cell Death Differ 10, 144.
- Kirchhoff, S., Sebens, T., Baumann, S., Krüeger, A., Zawatzky, R., Li-Weber, M., Meinl, E., Neipel, F., Fleckenstein, B., Krammer, PH. (2002)
J. Immunol 186, 1226
- Elser, B., Lohoff, M., Kock, S., Giasi, M., Kirchhoff, S., Krammer, PHJ., Li-Weber, M. (2002)
Immunity 17, 703
- Krüger, A., Baumann, S., Krammer , PH., Kirchhoff, S. (2001)
Mol Cell Biol. 21, 8247
- Krüger, A., Schmitz, I., Baumann, S., Krammer , PH., Kirchhoff, S. (2001)
J Biol Chem. 276, 20633
Dr. Sabine Kirchhoff
GS-FIRE (International Graduate School for Infection Research)
Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research