Postdoctoral Researcher in Computational biology or bioinformatics (f/m/d)
The department Computational Biology for Individualised Medicine, led by Prof. Dr. Yang Li, at the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI), is offering the position of a Postdoctoral Researcher in Computational biology or bioinformatics (f/m/d). The Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research GmbH (HZI) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the largest scientific organization in Germany. Scientists at the HZI develop strategies to better combat infectious diseases. Their goal is to develop novel approaches for the prevention, diagnosis and therapy of infectious diseases. To this end, they study bacterial and viral pathogens and their interaction with the immune system and explore new active ingredients. The department “Computational Biology for Individualised Medicine” studies the interaction of genetic background and environment, and its contribution to infection and immune-related diseases. It focuses on applying and developing computational and statistical approaches to study the effect of genetic factors on a variety of molecular levels (such as genetics, genomics, metabolomics etc.), immunological parameters and functions, as well as on complex diseases.
- Analysis and integration of multi-omics and single cell omics data in the various cohorts
- Interpreting results with collaborators
- Take a leading role in writing and revising manuscripts
- Supervision of PhD, MSc and/or BSc students
- Present data at local, national and international scientific meetings
- PhD Degree/Diploma in bioinformatics/computational biology/statistics/computer science, or a related field of the life sciences
- A scientific publication record
- Skills in computer programming (e.g. R, JAVA, Perl), experience with different operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- Very good communication and reporting skills
- Very good English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
Advantageous for this position:
- Strong ambition to succeed in science, be result-oriented;
- Critical scientific attitude and ability to work both independently as well as in a group
39 hours per week
We offer you:
- Challenging and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- Most modern workplace equipment
- Flexible working hours, part-time models
- A corporate culture of appreciation and promotion of equal opportunities
- Extensive training and continuing education opportunities to develop professional knowledge and personal skills
- A family office to support family and career as well as childcare offers
- Interesting additional public service benefits
People with severe disabilities and equivalent professional qualifications who are suitable for the position are given preference. In order to protect your rights, we ask you to provide us with a clearly recognizable reference to the existence of a degree of severe disability in your cover letter or resume.
The HZI strives for professional equality between women and men. The position is suitable for part-time work.
- Bioinformatik der Individualisierten Medizin- Prof. Dr. Yang Li
As sson as possible
The contract will initially run for two years.
E13 TVöD Bund
Bewerbungsschluss ist der 05.03.2024
Please include a cover letter, resume, (employment) references, certificates, and (if available) work samples or reference projects with your application materials. Please refrain from sending a photo.
Please send your complete application, quoting the reference number025/2024, to the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research GmbH, Human Resources Department, Inhoffenstr. 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany or by e-mail to JobsHZI@helmholtz-hzi.de. If you send your application in electronic form, please provide a summary in one single (1) pdf document.
We look forward to receiving your application!
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Yang Li, phone: 0511 22002 7200, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Die HZI International Graduate School for Infection Research (GS-FIRE) bietet ein innovatives, strukturiertes Promotionsprogramm im Themenbereich "Infektionsforschung".
Der PhD-Studiengang „Epidemiologie“ ist ein dreijähriger Promotionsstudiengang im Bereich der epidemiologischen Forschung und wird von der Abteilung für Epidemiologie des HZI betrieben.