PhD position: Computational biology or bioinformatics
The department Computational Biology for Individualised Medicine (BIIM) of Prof. Dr. Yang Li from the Centre for Individualised Infection Medicine (CiiM) in Hannover, Germany is offering a PhD position: Computational biology or bioinformatics.
The goal of our project is the development of algorithms and computer-aided methods to analyze multi-omics datasets (including single cell RNA sequencing data) from patients, to identify crucial molecules in determining disease phenotypes, which can be used as therapeutic targets for personalize medicine in infection research. The methods that we employ or develop in our research are related to the fields of machine learning and systems genetics. The lab is one of the key members of the Human Functional Genomics Project, (http://www.humanfunctionalgenomics.org/), and has piloted the first functional genomics study in large human cohorts (Li et al, Cell 2016; Li et al, Nat Med, 2016, Bakker et al, Nat Immunol, 2018) and collaborates locally, nationally and internationally with biologists, immunologist and medical experts.
- Master’s Degree/Diploma in bioinformatics/biology/statistics/computer science/physics, or a comparable discipline; Experience with advanced statistics is a plus
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken)
- Ability to work independently and as part of an international team
- Skills in computer programming (e.g. R, JAVA, Python), experience with different operating systems (Linux, Windows)
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Equal Opportunities are part of our personnel policy. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
Bei gleicher fachlicher Eignung erhalten Schwerbehinderte den Vorzug.
As soon as possible
Initial contract for 3 years
alike TVöD E13 (50%) with the possibility of an additional payment of 25% for under-resourced subjects
Bewerbungsschluss ist der 11.08.2019
Applicants are required to complete the online application form here: https://hzi.opencampus.net/ (Please choose Application HZI Jobs and select 68/2019 in the required field).
For more details regarding the position, please contact Prof. Dr. Yang Li via email: email@example.com.
Further information about the CiiM can be found on our website: https://www.helmholtz-hzi.de/en/the-hzi/locations/centre-for-individualised-infection-medicine/about-ciim/
The CiiM is a joint venture of the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) and the Hannover Medical School (MHH). The department BIIM is located at the TWINCORE - Centre for Experimental and Clinical Infection Research in Hannover, Germany.
Die HZI International Graduate School for Infection Research (GS-FIRE) bietet ein innovatives, strukturiertes Promotionsprogramm im Themenbereich "Infektionsforschung".