Doctoral Researcher (f/m/d) - Infektionsimmunologie
The Research Group Infection Immunology, led by Prof. Dr. Eva Medina, at the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI), is offering the position as Doctoral Researcher in Infection Immunology (f/m/d).
The Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research GmbH (HZI) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of German Research Centers, the largest scientific organization in Germany. Scientists at the HZI develop strategies to better combat infectious diseases. Their goal is to develop novel approaches for the prevention, diagnosis and therapy of infectious diseases. To this end, they study bacterial and viral pathogens and their interaction with the immune system and explore new active ingredients.
The research focus of the Infection Immunology Research Group is to investigate the host-pathogen interactions during Staphylococcus aureus infections as well as the development of more effective therapeutic strategies to treat these infections.
The doctoral researcher will work on a project that is part of the Collaborative Research Centre (CRC) "DECisions in Infectious DisEases" (DECIDE) funded bythe German Research Foundation (DFG). The CRC DECIDEinvestigates key decisions that determine the outcome and severity of infections. These decisions are defined by a complex interplay of the pathogen with host barrier tissues and their commensal microbiota as well as local and systemic immune responses. DECIDE will apply cutting-edge technologies such as single-cell RNA-seq, complex human tissue and animal models). The specific project within the CRC will focus on “Molecular decision points underlying the systemic spreading of Staphylococcus aureus”. For further information, see www.crc-decide.de
- Master's (or equivalent) degree in life science or a related subject
- High levels of enthusiasm and motivation and be able to work independently
- Have teamwork competency
- Experience in working with mice; FELASA B certificate would be helpful but not required
- Previous experience with flow cytometry and other immunological techniques is beneficial
- Have good written and oral communication skills in English
Disabled persons are given preference in the case of equal professional qualification. The HZI aims for professional equality between women and men. The position is suitable for part-time work.
We offer you:
- Challenging and varied tasks in a dynamic and international research environment
- Excellent infrastructure for training and facilities with state-of-art technologies
- Additional services of the public service
- Flexible working hours and workplace design
- A workplace at the Science Campus Brunswick-South
- 30 days vacation, (24.12. & 31.12. are considered as completely free days)
- An annual additional payment (Weihnachtsgeld) analogue to § 20 TVöD
- Social security included
- DO IT- PhD initiative https://www.helmholtz-hzi.de/de/karriere/do-it-doktorandeninitiative
- Welcome Office
- Buddy System for new doctoral researchers
- Family Office, Child Holiday Care
The successful candidate will be integrated in the HZI International Graduate School for Infection Research (GS-FIRE) which provides an innovative structured PhD programme within the field of Infection Research https://www.helmholtz-hzi.de/de/karriere/graduiertenschule/curriculum/
- Infektionsimmunologie- Prof. Dr. Eva Medina
Bei gleicher fachlicher Eignung erhalten Schwerbehinderte den Vorzug.
Die Stelle ist teilzeitgeeignet.
TVöD E13 (65%)
Bewerbungsschluss ist der 02.04.2023
Application: Applicants are required to complete the online application form here: https://hzi.opencampus.net/ (Please select Job No. 43/2023).
For further information please contact Prof. Dr. Eva Medina, phone 0531 6181 4500, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information about the institute and the Infection Immunology Research Group can be found on our website: https://www.helmholtz-hzi.de/en/research/research-topics/immune-response/infection-immunology/our-research/
Wussten Sie schon?
HZI International Graduate School for Infection Research
Die HZI International Graduate School for Infection Research (GS-FIRE) bietet ein innovatives, strukturiertes Promotionsprogramm im Themenbereich "Infektionsforschung".
Der PhD-Studiengang „Epidemiologie“ ist ein dreijähriger Promotionsstudiengang im Bereich der epidemiologischen Forschung und wird von der Abteilung für Epidemiologie des HZI betrieben.