The HZI-MI4 Scientific Travel Exchange Program (STEP)
HZI and the McGill Interdisciplinary Initiative in Infection and Immunity (MI4) of the McGill University in Montreal, Canada, have partnered to establish a joint Scientific Travel Exchange Program (STEP), which will provide principal investigators from HZI and MI4 the opportunity to exchange trainees at the PhD level or higher to share expertise and intensify collaboration. STEP will allow for international research and training opportunities for up to 3 months at the partner institution. Research activities must be in the field of personalized infection medicine.
For interested candidates from the Helmholtz Institutes HIPS, HIRI and HIOH special conditions apply and they are kindly asked to contact their institute management first.
Documents needed in a single pdf file:
- Completed application form
- Statement of proposed research activity and anticipated outcomes, including how it may lead to joint applications to external research funding organizations in the future. The added value of the joint effort must be demonstrated clearly.
- Supporting statement from partner PI (*Signed statement from partner PI on institutional letterhead)
- A budget including justification of all costs requested. Please calculate costs using the current exchange rate.
- Biosketch of participating research applicants, including a maximum of 5 significant relevant and recent publications
- Biosketch of selected graduate candidate
All information about the programme and the application process can be found here.
Please email applications to Birgit Grün (HZI-MI4-STEP@helmholtz-hzi.de)
HZI and MI4 will be accepting completed applications on a rolling basis.