Friends of the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research
Directed Support for Infection Research
World Class research demands concentrated and focused support. To be internationally successful, adequate financial resources and a supportive environment are both important. This applies also to the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI).
Scientists at the HZI study the mechanisms involved in infectious diseases and host defense. They systematically translate the results of basic research into clinical applications. The Friends of the HZI make an important contribution to these efforts.
What are the goals of the Friends of the HZI?
The Friends of the HZI:
- support knowledge and information transfer
- sponsor scientific events and publications
- sponsor scientific education and training activities
- sponsor the worldwide networking of HZI scientists with companies and alumni
- honor special achievements of young scientists by prizes
- honor outstanding scientific achievements by awarding the Inhoffen Medal (together with the Technical University of Braunschweig) and the Jürgen Wehland price
- engage for a targeted public information on topics of infection research and its medical applications
We promote the HZI through our wide network and financial support.